25.4.10

Extended Easter

The second week of Easter we stayed in Amsterdam and visited lots of beautiful places, taking in lots of the Dutch architecture. Only problem was due to a mountainous mass of rock spewing ash etc we could not fly home! Now most people would probably jump for joy at this news being stuck abroad for me well it was a different story. WHY? I drove my poor husband barmy I will never really understand but for the four additional days and one travelling day I was away from beloved blighty I was not a happy chick. You could say this Easter I learn't a lot about myself. I am a self confessed control freak in the sense that I like to feel I am holding the reigns and during that week I certainly wasn't. But hey ho I thought I would share some moments we captured.

Keukenhof Gardens ......Tulip paradise!


Beautiful Blossom!




The theme this year at Keukenhof is 'From Russia with Love'







Great swathes of hyacinths and daffodils created carpets of colour.



I missed Ethel though and found this fella to make me smile.



Someone has been reading the handmade nation!
Every space is so thoughtful.


We visited Vondel Park I made .......
A daisy caterpillar, it reminded me of Primary School days.
There were lots of funny things like this man playing his music whilst travelling along the canal.


Henrietta Heron.....?

A visit to Marken






Back in the city....

But my heart was at home and I was glad to see Ethel once more!
For those that wondered we eventually got the very LAST cabin on an overnight ferry from Roterdam only 24hours and 10 modes of transport later we were back home.
Just shows how we all rely on technology and take it for granted!
Ciao X

No comments: